Oct 6, 2010

WIP Weds edition 40

I am working on something but can't show it---that top secret project. I am finally at the point that I can begin the machine applique so it is moving along.

Since I don't have too much else to say (yeah, surprising I know, LOL) and want to avoid a pictureless post, I thought I might share some of the fall decor I put out this morning. (Repeats if you are along time reader)

Fabricraft witch I made several years ago when I had more available decorating space. Pumpkins included in the pattern but I seem to have lost her broom. I remember making one as I cut some stuff off our own broom to do it and attaching it to a dowel rod. The wall hanging was a Debbie Mumm design, I think that I purchased at a fall bazaar.


This Katrinka Designs Multi- seasonal banner normally hangs in the hallway but I moved it to the sewing room door for the time being.

The fall leaves are not one of the original designs. The tesselated block is an old one (1440 Brackman number) called among other things Maple Leaf Design. I adapted it a bit by eliminating a few superfluous lines from the design though. Quilter's Cache has a version as well called Ozark Maple Leaf but no way was I interested in sewing two squares of the same color together as shown in that pattern. Rectangles and flippy triangles, yes but not a 6 x 6 two inch grid.


This last one is an old Country Threads pattern. I messed up in a few spots when I made this and had to, er "make it mine" Oh well! I know it is a little early for turkeys but I was more interested in the fall colors anyway. Just swap out the Halloween stuff at the end of the month and I'm ready for Thanksgiving, LOL.

I think I will go ahead and hang the November "Be Attitudes" Be Grateful (shown HERE) while I am at it. It is good for October with the fall theme. I put my fall Maple Leaf Ring table runner on the coffee table so that will spruce up the living room a bit more. I would take a picture of it but DJ's stuff that sits on it covers a good bit of it.

I still need to mark and stitch the October calendar quilt block---maybe once the top secret stuff is done or that monthly project carries over into 2011. Never enough time, is there?

Best get to stitchin' rather than talking about it----------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!