Block 21 #66 Periwinkle (FWS book)
I used fabrics that had once belonged to my friend Theramae who passed away several years back. This was pieced conventionally and actually I went together much more easily than I thought. Some of the gals on the yahoo group had foundation pieced it so that was the fall back position. I DID stitch around the outside edge of the block to stabilize it since I could not figure out how to cut it for the grain lines to be in the proper place.
Block 22 #3143 (BlockBase) 8 Points in a Square--pieced and then button hole appliqued to the base.
I had fun playing in the pink bin pulling fabrics for this block! I knew from making one of these before that I needed to extent the EQ template and square it off to make that nice sewn-in point and no raw edge. I also extended the length of the template so it would lessen the size of the circle required at center.
Block 23 #1853 (BlockBase) Walls of Jericho. I picked this one as it should look good on point. Purple and green is always a fav choice too. Foundation pieced
Block 24 #9 Box (FWS book) I shared about this the other day when piecing or cutting was not going so well. 'Nuff said, LOL.
Block 25--#56 Maple Leaf (FWS book) Marti Michell templates except for that stem part which was foundation pieced. I adapted the original 9 patch design as Michell suggested.
Block 26 H 035 Modified Puss in the Corner (BlockBase) but I tweaked it. Foundation pieced.
You can see how well that turned out. This one will need to be re-done as I have an iron stain and a wonky segment there in the upper right. I love the fabric but it was not easy matching this all up even with foundation piecing. It also undersized. SIGH. Try again or substitute another block.
Block 27 #1851 Greek Cross (BlockBase) Conventionally pieced.
I think that the background is a little much but I am going to let that go for now. I love that Vintage Modern but I don't know that it necessarily works for these small babies. This is the end block for Row 5
Block 28 #93 Swallow (FWS book) First block of row 6.
This one is a bit blendy too but I think the aqua shows up better in person. Conventionally pieced---well, I did use some thangles!! but other than that, LOL.
Block 29 #90 Storm Signal (FWIS book)
Definitely foundation pieced as this does not section out like you would think. Pieced QST's and then a HST to finish it off. I used a piece of vintage appearing fabric in the black (from my mom?) while the "light" print was a recent find at Wilson's in Boaz--some of my birthday money purchase. The gold print is from my 30's reproduction stash.
Block 30 #4 Basketweave---actually this is one that I borrowed from a fellow blogger Starwood Quilter called Three By Three from Maggie Malone's 5500 Quilt Block Designs. Even kinda, sorta went with her colorway too. As easy as this was, I still managed to mess it up as I had switched machines and 1/4 inch seam allowance was eluding me, etc. I gave up and foundation pieced it but had to take the other one apart first as I had used two yellow charms and one orange charm of Riveria II----and that is all I had! I even had to patch up two of the yellow rails to squeeze them out. Hey, if it worked my quilting foremothers it will work for me!
I will tell you that I did cut out a Lemoyne Star that I was going to try to include. I love the fabric that I chose for it so I will do it but not today! The pairs went together easily. The first y-seam was passable but the 2nd was not. I set it aside for down the line when I have a different machine out---or I may try hand piecing it even.
Next thing I know it will be time to fix supper. I need to get started on that QOV I said I would quilt for Aline and Jane--maybe even bind it as Aline will be going out of town. I think they hope to turn it in at the next meeting on the 13th but I may be wrong. Always something!
THX for stopping by----------