Nov 12, 2010

where I am headed..................

Winter "In Season" won out for my next applique project. I know this doesn't look like much at this point, LOL.

The tree was supposed to be appliqued as well but I took one look at it and thought "I can draw that up in EQ and foundation piece it instead". And I did......... pieced it this morning.

That thing in the lower left is an angel body. Rather than have small strip of fused on fabric that tends to ravel I drew up a square about the right size and foundation pieced the line in. Then I drew the shape on freezer paper


This is where I am headed with it............I'm off to cut some letters or at least finish up the headless body. Maybe both, LOL.

I figured if I were to leap ahead a season maybe it would be ready to hang by the time winter officially comes around. Then I will follow up with spring. summer and fall---quarterly quilting.

2 comments:

  1. love your tree! can hardly wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the art to heart Christmas book...I need to get busy!! I really love applique on patchwork...your tree is wonderful pieced!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!