Nov 3, 2010

WIP Weds, wk 45

That time again--another week has flown by. It is a dark, damp, dreary November day, maybe more typical of what you see at the end of the month. I am thankful for some fun fabrics to play with today!

I took the last stitches in the calendar quilt blocks on Monday. Yesterday I pulled and cut fabrics for the sashing and binding. Fun digging around in the homespun boxes though I pulled some leftover Williams Inn for the August block too. Today I will start piecing as soon as I swap out machines.

Pictured is the little furry sidewalk supervisor. I think he might have been more interested in the camera cord dangling in front of him at that moment. Of course, he WOULD quit pawing and sitting on the blocks when I tried to get him in action!

Seeing as the July block is STILL up on the wall, I am determined to get November and December done and ready to hang. That is this week's goal so I start with them first. Should any of the rest be quilted up as well, even better! Hurray for finishes, right? Hurray for a little stash busting too!

You know where to find me..................

3 comments:

  1. I'm currently working on a flimsy that includes embroidered blocks similar to yours. I'm have a problem figuring out how I want to quilt it. How are you going to quilt yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun building your blocks! I think your quilt will be a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handsome supervisor! The blocks look great! And yes, hurray for finishes and busting some stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!