Today I am making some steps to get chevron quilt for my great-niece started.
I drew my "road map" up in EQ yesterday. Actually that almost helped more than reading through the tutorial stuff in a way. I have a clearer picture in my head just how it goes together now which made it a bit easier to put the sections up on the design wall.
The actual pieces are below. Never mind that light green at the top though it is kind pretty, LOL. That is just the other side of the table cloth I picked out. I need the flannel side but paid for both. There is one more row at the goes at the bottom but I was already skirting the baseboard a bit. Since I don't need those pieces until the quilt is more than half sewn, I just set them aside for now.
The quilt top is sewn "on point" or in diagonal rows. You may be able to see that from my printout. I find it easier for me to track what each row is supposed to look like if I fold the paper along the row lines I have marked isolating each individual row as I work on it. That way I can verify that I have not only the right color in the right order. Also on this quilt I have to be concerned that I keep them going horizontal, vertical, horizontal, vertical.... and so on. Sew the first 7 or 8 rows and then start working from the opposite end, then join the two halves.
I have also decided that I am going to add quarter square triangles to three sides of the quilt as I believe it will make it easier to trim down the unneeded sections later. The bottom won't need them but I really like the print for the top row and I don't want to cut it all away!! I already have had the printout folded where I think it will need trimming. This idea should also provide some stabilization of straight of grain. Not entirely but some. Still need to cut those out but that is no biggie. However, the more I look at this, the more I think I want to extend the zig zag out a bit on the left hand side. I have plenty of the fabric leftover so could easily cut those in the colors for that edge. That would allow me to keep more of the fabric on the right hand side as well. Yep, doing my own thing. HMMMM
Since Skyler is a horrid string chewer, I have declared the design wall off limits. Out of the master bedroom please! I moved his litter box out of the master bath and back into its original position in the laundry room. I already have told you that Skyler is constantly in the kitchen regardless of the dog's presence, in or out of his crate. I think he will be able to get to the box when he needs it since he no longer gives the dog a wide berth. Heck, he is on the attack, plunking the poor dog on the nose through the gate grate or going right after him. Never mind that he has no front claws to inflict any real damage. Oscar, more or less, turns around and walks away with a "whatever, man" attitude.
Oscar is outside most of the day unless it is raining or storming. When inside he roams around the kitchen and laundry room, Now he gets in the living room with supervision for a few hours in the evening. They are just a foot or two from each other vying for "most favored nation" status with me if we are all in the same locale. Put a towel on the couch for the dog to get on and then Skyler wants to sleep on it to make it smell like cat. Oscar just wants to sniff and track Skyler wherever he goes even if that means tunneling under the kitchen chairs. Good thing he has short legs, LOL. These two crack me up!
Okay, sewing decisions made. Go pull the fabric bin and finish up that cutting that I didn't know that I needed to do. Email or message Baby R's Nana to show her what I am up to as well.