Dec 27, 2010

finished to flimsy


Whipped this base for the Joined at the Hip QOM last evening. Not much to it really but this is probably the quickest any Christmas gift got made up. I substituted a different fabric for the center they sent with something from my stash. Seeing as the center will be obscured by the quilt buttoned onto this, I plan to use the kit center from piecing one of monthly/seasonal projects.

It is marked for quilting a basic grid. Last night I toyed with the idea of quilting it up today. That didn't and won't happen. With further thought and a wish to avoid switching out the machines yet again, I will wait till I have the January quiltlet done and do them both at the same time. I had also thought I would pull fabric for the aforementioned quiltlet but that didn't and probably won't happen till tomorrow.

This has just been a rather odd day. I had one of those sleepless nights so slept in later than I planned. When I did get up, I had grocery errands to run. After lunch, DJ and I needed to return a gift but finding a replacement took an extra stop. We also did a "while we are close" stops and the day is just getting away from me. It still feels like today is Sunday..... after the last 3 days feeling like Sunday, LOL. These holidays will throw one for a loop, won't they?

Time to start thinking about supper preparations. I'm guessing it will be a redwork plus TV viewing evening. 2nd part of the two part "Closer" is on.

Have a good evening and thanks for stopping by-------

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing what your center blocks look like and how it buttons onto this base. Will there be a different one each month? Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!