Yesterday was one of those days of doing "necessary" quilt related things. Yes, I was feeling much better though my tummy could cooperate more *VBG*.
DJ was heading right by the meeting place so I rode along with him and got busy pinning the three quilts I had layered. I got them all pinned in 2 hours (they are about 40 x 60 so that helps) with about 5 minutes to spare before he came back for me. I gathered up my batting cut aways and some out of the closet to join up with some that I had at home and stuffed them into a 2X ziploc bag that someone had left for us.
The 1st picture shows just what was in that bag of goodies. Burlap, upholstery samples, a half finished blouse of some sort, canvas like material two patches, some khaki denim, some oriental looking upholstery fabric, olive stuff and that darker green-brown that is some sort of brushed like couch cushion stuff. There is even a small piece of faux fur that I kept out Pippi. I don't know what you call that red and white check fabric. I know we said that we try to use what we are given but this has no use for quilters. Thank you anyway. I can use the gallon and 2 gal and that big zipbag anyway.
BUT deeper down, there was this gem. The hand buttonhole applique is wonderful! The colors are so soft. Unfortunately it looks as though someone tried to set too hot of an iron on it and there is a yellow stain and some holes where I assume the fabric charred and flaked away. You don't see that in camera range nor did I get a good shot of the edges where they have a scalloped edge with that same vine arranged like in ovoid shapes all around the edges and then floral motifs in the corners. Aline said that the bags were not there when they left on Tuesday so they have not seen this lovely quilt top yet. I'll bring it round next time but oh, would I love to keep this.
This morning I decided to pull the backing off my June Tailor cutting/ironing pad so I could use a bit of the old, still usable silver cloth to re-cover that scorched pad topping. I still need to get the mat part stuck back on someway. Might require a trip to the hardware store for some industrial strength glue if the old stuff won't hold. It almost took more arm strength than I had to pry it loose and now my back is squawking at me again.
I am planning on sewing today and pinning the last three quilts tops tomorrow if Aline's schedule permits. My low back thinks "good, a sit down job", LOL. But first, some emails and a phone call to return.