Jan 26, 2011

WIP Weds, wk #4

My focus today---cutting and specifically, cutting for the February Joined at the Hip QOM. If you try the link, ctrl+F "BU2" and click on the image.

I started cutting and then a little kitty inspector popped up to see what he could do to "help". The measuring tape whipping around may have attracted him since it looks like one giant string to him. Cutting instructions hanging at eye level to guide me along.

The stripe is some I over-dyed along with the jumbo rick-rack and a red the pattern calls for. The stripe is part of the sashing between heart blocks. I drew it up in EQ to foundation piece since the red piece that goes between the stripe pieces finishes at 1/2 inch. I decided to cut up what remains to use for bias binding and the hanging loops.







The rest of the fabric to be used, waiting. If I had to iron it, I don't want it all "kitty tested" before I am ready to cut! Pull from the stash where possible though I did purchase the soft green background and one fat quarter of a red that may work in the mix.






And pictured is what it should sorta look like. I have put the patterns in their own notebook for quick referral. See the cute rabbit for March?

Once I am done cutting this I will prep the FAB challenge bday project as well. The plan is to sew/applique both this week and then switch over to quilting mode next week. Hopefully I will be able to continue on to the 2 1/2personal projects that remain atop my dresser after that.

Also the WTIL list bunch is planning on having a sewing weekend Feb 5th and 6th. I will need to cut and kit a project for that if I don't pull something from the shelf or UFO drawers. I am leaning towards a Jewel Box top from fabrics I have had pulled for some time. I've made a couple before but not since I have been blogging. Thangles or triangles on a roll will help there.

That should be enough cutting for one day, don't you think??

Of course I am itching to cut that stuff in my challenge bags but it will have to wait. I sorted thru the bags last night and now have a handle on what is in there and what needs to be done to prep it. Right now I am leaning towards a couple of Miss Rosie Quilt Company patterns---Grandma's Scrap Bag or version two of Ashcombe for some of the strips I found in the bag(s). Click on the link; ctrl+F and type in the pattern name and it will take you to link and then a picture or you may have to use the view pattern link once you are in the right year and season the pattern was released. I already have some of the components for a GSB cut and waiting. HERE is a nice scrappy, donation sized one that my mom made a few years back.

BUT there is a good bit of yardage in there that would work up nicely into some of the Quiltwoman.com panel type designs---right angles, prairie window, craftsman maybe?? It will be interesting to see just how many quilts I can find hiding in those bags when you add in my stash! Other stuff is more suited to blocks--some nice purples for butterflies maybe. Fun, challenging and get those creative juices working! Visions of quilts dancing in my head..............

Thanks for stopping by------

1 comment:

  1. I vote for Ashcombe! I was looking at that one before. I think it is a perfect pattern for using up just about everything! Way to go on the Feb quilt! You are keeping up with the monthly quilts--good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!