Jan 19, 2011

WIP Weds.

Well, to be honest it is NOT quite in progress yet but it IS what I will be stitching on as soon as I am done cleaning the bathroom, LOL. Nosy kitty climbed into the folds of the quilt last night to check it out.

I was busy with kitchen chores this morning. A pot of pinto beans are simmering in the crockpot. I also made some cranberry sauce and a no-bake pumpkin pie for our turkey meal tomorrow. After making a store run and a few other errands, it was time for lunch. Where has the morning gone?


Pictured at right, DJ and Skyler testing out the new to them recliner "throne". DJ's beloved recliner that he had for 25 yrs and babied thru dropped hardware, etc finally gave up the ghost Monday night. He called someone in a classified ad about on they had listed. They had a used burgundy Lane recliner in stock and he had just knocked it down half price to 75 bucks. DJ insisted that I go look at with him or risk me complaining about a "monstrosity" in my living room till the end of time, LOL. We did look at some new ones as well but the delivery rate was as much as the used chair! If it doesn't work out for him, we are not out much money and have an idea of what a new one would cost.

Skyler gave it, and the new kitchen throw rug I had gotten, the old sniff and circle test. New stuff to scout out that wasn't here before, you know. DJ thought that Skyler would not get in the chair with him that readily but it only took a hour or so. It looks like these two will be sitting there in their customary positions come TV viewing time tonight.

That bathroom is not going to clean itself. DJ received confirmation that the golfing friend will not be here till late Thursday night-early Friday morning. The forecast is not good for getting a round so I doubt he is here long. We'll see. Meanwhile, I have a clean house to enjoy and some hand work to keep me busy.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the picture of Skyler peeking out from the folds of the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!