Jun 7, 2012
today's quilting #3
Anyway, I combined all this to come up with this quilt. I have more strips cut with a fall vibe but can't remember what I had decided for them. One problem with this one though: either this was just a hair wider than the backing or we didn't get it placed to accomodate the width when we pinned it. I just trimmed it down by a half inch all around so the border will finish a tad smaller than my original plan of 3 inches but that's okay. It was easier than adding more fabric to the backing after it was mostly quilted!
OH and to amend my post from yesterday---I totally forgot that I had made a BQ 2 from that same Habitat Challenge quilt. No wonder I am glad to see that green fabric gone! 4 quilts from the same stuff is enough. I would say that I met and exceeded THAT challenge. I made a ton of tops last year but I think this one was the only one that I actually quilted. It was delivered to the Talladega Presbyterian Home earlier this year. (Shown here as a top. )
That's it for today---tomorrow I think it will be Positive-Negative Puss in the Corner from back in late June 2011. Saturday I have Friendship Quilters guild so that looks to be a binding or stitchery day on my return home. I would be thrilled if I can get to 6 done and 6 to go. I had promised myself that I would start cutting and sewing on Farmer's Wife Sampler but I hate to quit when I am on a roll with this quilting.
And so it goes-------------