Dec 3, 2014

Belles recent meeting

 The Bama Belles met on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and had a dialed back version of a potluck lunch.  Some quilts were pinned but all in all, it was a fairly laid back meeting.  Some of the girls were working on binding, I was embroiderying which amazingly for me, I have not done in months!

Here are a few of the quilts that Lois turned in.


Louisiana block from Eleanor Burns' Pioneer Sampler


Scrappy Bowtie arranged as X blocks forming snowballs where the blocks meet



This is a Lemoyne Star made using the Deb Tucker Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star ruler.  Pretty neat technique if you have seen  her video on the subject using the self designed ruler.    Actually Marilyn who is the president of the JOY Quilt Guild asked Lois if she would do a demo on the ruler at one of their upcoming meetings.  I gave her the quilt back thinking she would need something to show along with the demo.  You use strip sets for this!



Valera came by to show us some of the tops/quilts she had completed.  They were heading out of state for Thanksgiving but she and I had talked about top ideas that allow here to keep the black and white camera fabrics intact.  I forget now what the original idea was but she did use Prairie Windows/Criss Cross for it.  It is going to be one of her grandkid's quilt.



.........and more camera fabric on the back




Bug Jar pattern but these jars were filled with sweets and one jar of pickles, LOL.  This was also for one of the grands.  She planned on working on the binding on that long trip to OH and back.



.................and ice cream cone fabric for the back.


2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great meeting. I love the scrappy bowtie snowballs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the mini quilt show. At quilt camp this last spring, we made Hunter Star quilts with the Deb Tucker ruler. It is a fantastic ruler. Now that I have it I am going to have to make more of these. My friend that is fairly new to quilting made a Christmas fabric quilt. The ruler makes it easy if you follow the directions carefully.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!