Aug 20, 2010

finished to flimsy

Woohoo! I took the last stitches in Allison's t-shirt quilt top at about 4:30 last night.

Today, Marilyn went along with me to deliver it to Susan, our long arm pal at Out of the Box in Boaz (AL)

When I snapped these two pictures, I still had to put on a top and bottom border. I had it laid out on the floor of DJ's room to snap the measurements. Of course, the little black and white quilt inspector had to weigh in. I am not sure if he is looking for a loose string to chew on or thinking about crawling under it to play "where's the kitty?" Top sheet, blanket, quilt top........all the same to him, LOL.

Not the best picture in the world but you get the idea of how it turned out. The only thing I had done a week ago Thursday is the initial shirt whacking. Not bad to get a quilt this size done in a week, I think.

Marilyn and I did the Hobby Lobby and Wilson's stop. Susan had a piece of yardage that will work for a special project I have coming up too. My Wilson's purchase was more of this same white on white---boring but needed. Marilyn SAID all she needed was some John Deere fabric for her business BUT those lovely 30's fabrics were making their siren call, LOL. Lunch at Mill Street Deli and a run into Little Lots for a household item I needed.

We came back to find that it had been raining while we were away. We hit it about the time we hit the Calhoun-Etowah County line. Marilyn's husband said he had 0.9 inches in his gauge, our house is just a hair under 2 inches. I think it has quit now though. DJ said that there was thunder and lightning accompanying it too plus the power went off for about 5 minutes. Glad that is was not a factor for much of the drive back.

So I can sew on whatever I want tomorrow---what will it be? Might be good to have another day free from bending over the machine and put some stitches in my Santa red-work. HMMMMMM See how I feel in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. You did it! And now you have a clear weekend ahead of you--to do whatever you want. Seems to me you had a new purse pattern to try out....hmmmmm. Maybe it is time to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool that the tshirt quilt is already at the LA-er! time to sew something for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!