some progress

Well, the blocks are all done for Allison's (my niece and godchild) sorority t-shirt quilt. The blocks will be floated on some white on white but I used my bed for the design surface.

The blue was her sorority color so we wanted to incorporate it into the quilt but I did not like the way it looked against the purple or the green block that is about falling off the bed so I framed it in white first. Also there is a blue shirt that is very close in color. Now looking at the picture, I should have done that with the black block as well. It is not too late to fix it though.

I foundation pieced her initials in a block "just in case" I needed it for filler. I might stick it on the back. The blue fabric in the letters is what I have picked out for the backing.

Well, next up some calculations so I can draw up my cutting/piecing map in EQ----after I fix that block, LOL. I only THOUGHT I was done!

Comments

  1. Excellent progress on the t-shirt quilt! You will have a completed top ready for that deadline without any problems!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!

Popular posts from this blog

this and that

A sort of tutorial for a tshirt quilt--EDITED

copy cat!