I had a pile of things on my Wednesday "to-do" list and stayed on track. Laundry was done. The paperwork was done and the necessary errands were run. Husband got fed and he even got the haircut he had requested!
Just before supper DJ helped me with the recovering the pressing board project. He told me to put on some safety glasses and fetched another screw driver and pair of plier to help me pry the two layers of batting and iron quick cloth OFF. Man, that thing looked bad and long past replacement! After supper, I got back to actually recovering it. Here it is as I worked on stapling the new batting back on it.
And TADA! Here it is back in a nice clean pristine state and ready to roll for today's little "jobs"
Here is what it normally looks like though I do try to keep things off the table so I can function. While watching the Cardinal-Dodger game last evening (muted) and listening to the KMOX announcers on the computer, I stitched up some binding and labeled the quilt that was lacking its identifier. Both of my list. Cross that off.
This morning was the grocery run . DJ had invited me to go along with him to an appointment down in Oxford and then over to Cici's for pizza. I pressed and rolled the binding as well as the pile of blocks once we got home from lunch.
DJ was kind enough to take care of the vacuuming on our return including my sewing room. Brave man! Normally he acts like a thread or a pin might jump up on him if he just steps on the door threshhold, LOL.
Clean floor, clean pressing table---I'm ready to make more of a mess. And it will be back to quilting once I swivel the sewing table around and untangle the cords I put up for Mr. Clean. I'll back to this quilt in a minute. I just about got 6 of the diagonal rows of ties (11 lines of quilting) done on Monday. I count 10 more diagonal rows of ties to go. Of course the shorter rows go a lot faster. I'll be flipping the quilt and working from the other end after I complete the spot where I left off.
And sew it goes--------goal is to get this one done or at least to the point of adding the binding by day's end, keeping on track as best I can.