Skinny Strips but I need to do the same for the bowtie medallion I drew up yesterday. Both tops will be part of my QOV donations for the veteran's home due to open up next spring/summer in Pell City.
I had cut thru the blue basket recently and cut strips and squares for both projects. The pattern calls for 32 1/2 inches lengths of the colored fabric and jelly roll width. Since the quilts are to finish in the 60 x 90 I cut mine 3 inches instead and surprisingly with the changes, I need one strip less than the pattern calls for. Yesterday I trimmed those down to size and cut bias binding from a RWB striped fabric. Today's goal: trim the white background down to the 21 inches I need.
For the bowties: yesterday I cut the red I want to use for the bowtie 3-D knot. I originally found this pattern years ago on Debby Kratovil site but here is a good tutorial from Bear Creek quilters blog, thanks to a Google search. I can't begin to tell you how many I have made since 1) I finally figured out how to do them since the original graphics had me stumped 2) started making donation quilts. But anyway, I cut a pile of 3 1/2 inch strips of the white that need to be sub-cut. Goal two for today. (I had a pile of creamy white cut already but those won't go to waste. See number 2 above, LOL)
The July button up applique is finished as of Monday evening but since I used matching thread, it doesn't look appreciably different. I'll get its glamour shot when it is finished and hanging. I don't feel much like prepping to quilt or quilting either my two wall hangings today, I think I will swap out machines and pull down my Disappearing 4 patch blocks to get that project moved forward. QOV projects on my mind, I guess.
There is today's plans in the quilting department. No pressing home tasks need tending or outside errands so I am staying inside and away from the heat and humidity as much as possible.