I had decided to try knitting this next hat on double points to avoid the seaming. I probably need to set this up on 4 needles instead of 3 but that is how I learned to do double points for mittens. Of course mittens are way smaller in diameter than 72 stitches for a hat and one's head. In the meantime I had put the tip protectors on either end to keep from dropping stitches which I had done a time or two while working on the ribbing.
These can be found at http://www.StitchBerry.com but I found this set of them at amazon.com for 40 bucks off. I've not tried bamboo needles before but I'll see how they work soon enough.
Well, back to sewing for me. I had gotten a suggestion for re-sizing my pictures from Linda in KS and my lefthanded quilter pals so got myself side tracked doing that on the new "old" blog here and a few posts on the archived site. It will be time consuming but should help the storage issues in the end. The only way I know to be sure that I am not deleting an image I need too----no watermark.
Pokey today but no one ever said that I had to break the land speed record with this piecing.