At left, a basketweave block on point. I finished piecing the lower half of the quilt and left off Wednesday night with just the two long side red borders to go. The top was half done when I received it from Pam via Nancy. Pam could not get to it and asked if the Bama Belles might like it for the kids. (Thank you both!!) Hurray, all the blocks were there! I re-sized it slightly by re-configuring the corner and moving the involved blocks and took it from there. This might be going to the girls though---floral fabric on the borders but some yardage I could spare plus I had a bright lime green with red flowers from my Hancock's run that could be used for the backing.
I think Nancy might have been headed for a much larger quilt as there are 45 rail section blocks leftover. I'm putting my thinking cap on for what to do with the leftovers---make a bunch more for another quilt which is not a bad idea since it uses 2 x 5 strip sections OR blocks to go in a sampler??? Bust that stash, after all, and it could be done as an ongoing project when I cut another kit out. Really I like the idea of scrappy nine patches in between too. Well, like this EQ sketch without the gray---I was being too lazy to want to colorize especially when the other sketch I made was to keep on track on the piecing of the actual top. Either way, make more blocks though it doesn't have to be today!
Not the best of pictures---nice shot of Quilt Holder spread eagled, I guess but there was a reason for that. See below, LOL. Pippi has some birds staked out in the front bush to her left. We think perhaps the squawky gray birds have a nest in there so it has been a beehive of activity. One bird sits on the edging board to the bed and just taunts her. She acts like she is sleeping one minute and the next is chattering and probably thinking "if there were not glass down here between you and me, you would be a goner" This has been her fav spot in the afternoons this past week.
Other than that, I started a pile of 3D bowtie blocks yesterday and left those with just the center seam to join. I didn't count how many and just used the loose squares I had on hand. I'm shooting for a total of 80 including the ones Lois and I had worked on earlier. Really that is another project that I could easily make a bowtie as I cut a kit. Eventually you have enough for a quilt top. I'll probably finish those up today and then start on the row robin. The fabric is pulled but I am waiting for some "steam a seam" to come in the mail first.
Got my morning walk in. DJ is not playing golf today so I came home to find him vacuuming up the floor under the fridge. Keep going, Darlin'--the whole floor needs mopping, LOL. I think I have cooled down enough to get in the shower and not need another one when I get out--till the hairblower starts. Have a safe Holiday weekend!