Mar 26, 2012

quilting plans

So far I have not sewn, cut or quilted anything and may not as I am trying to get the car packed up for tomorrow's meeting. Always seems like half my house goes with me, LOL.

But I always have some thoughts about what I want to do next when it comes to sewing. The Belles will be having a sew-in day on the 4th Tuesday in April. I don't know that we are going to do a group block this time or not. Some have expressed interest in doing a Jelly Roll 1600. I also haven't decided exactly what we will do for a challenge this year but we have boatloads of a black fabric in the donation bin.

I would love to make a Mock Trip Around the World like my friend Pat of Bell Creek Quilts makes.  HERE is an example of one she has made.  Could you not see using that black with a bright color of your choice to make a quilt like this?  The blocks are strip pieced using a pattern from Quilt Assistant called Mock Trip Around the World.   Easy block really that goes together quickly once the strip sets are complete.   I would love to see what we would come up with different fabric choices! 

I said I would like to make one---well it turns out I already have in the past but used a different set.  This is on point, called Kris's Three Patch and was featured in Trudie Hughes Template-Free Quiltmaking way back when.  I don't have a decent picture of it but drew it up in EQ so I could show Pat.  I used colors very similar to this for the one I really made.  Not that she would necessarily want to try it since it is on point and all  but another set.  How different it looks!  Sheila suggested to me in a recent email that gave it more of a Boston Commons feel than a Trip Around the World.   I believe she hit the nail on the head!


I have a few things to take care of here at home, the stuff that doesn't get done when you are in the throes of a quilting, sewing blitz really.  Hope you have a good day in whatever you chose to do.

2 comments:

  1. love the on point set! thanks for posting it...Mary Johnson did a similar block in a field and furrows set. I amy just have to make more blocks and make your on point set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *may* not *amy* lol...slow fingers typing and WHERE is autocorrect?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!