Mar 6, 2012
I'll work thru the pile and see how far I get. These are just a more lumpy 4 patch at this point. I switched machines though. The Brother, pampered princess that it is, balks at sewing thru too many layers. The Viking tends to sew a little tight so un-sewing is not easy. If you are going to sew, you have to be prepared to rip. Long ago lesson from my mom, there. I probably did the bulk of the sewing on the Jem. I could use it but I pulled out the Singer that I got from Lois' mom's estate instead. It has a nice stitch and we'll see how it behaves over those folded in knots.
I got a bit done on "Bloom" yesterday. I left it out to do a bit more here and there. I am already to the leaves with the three flowers done. Handwork, machine work----a good mix. Good reward project too!
Sheila, a friend and reader, offered me some basket weave fabric that will be perfect for this! (THX again, Sheila) I am itching to sew this one up but I have a feeling that I better reserve it for a reward project for completing the QOV bowties. I still need to find the border choices. I do NOT like all that brown around it. Brown for dirt for the carrots is one thing but ugh, on the rest! HMMMMM something to ponder.
And sew it goes-----------