Dec 19, 2012

What a nice surprise!

About a week ago I had commented on Starwood Quilter's post about her lovely completed Farmer's Daughter Sampler.  Susan had been incorporating entries from a diary her grandmother had written in 1916, with her quilt block choices for her sampler.  It is a fascinating story of life on the farm in Kansas, the courtship of her grandmother in the year before she married her grandfather.

I met Susan in a yahoo group for Farmer's Wife, saw her posts and began following along, going back to the beginning to catch up with the "story".  I watched her grow the quilt to 140 blocks and commented along the way.I knew she was nearly completion so checked back to see if she had a picture of it yet.

Come to find out on that very post, she was participating in a Quilter's Blog Hop Party and offering a $30.00 gift certificate from Fat Quarter Shop.  And she emailed me this morning to tell me that I had won!  Are you kidding me?

I was just doing what I had been doing for months and answered a posed question--- never expecting that I would be picked.  I know someone has to win and it could be me but mostly I don't enter these things to begin with.  To be honest I had forgotten about it so the email sort of came out of the blue, LOL.

Thank you so much, Susan!  Currently she is showing us blocks of a 25 block sampler she and her quilt group made to represent home and community and sharing a bit about life and history in her part of Colorado.  The girl is a born teacher!  She is at block 11.   http://starwoodquilter.blogspot.com/search/label/Starwood%20Sampler%20Quilt

Well, the floors are vacuumed, Skyler wants round two of his treat bite or some play time with me and I still need to shower.  Sewing that twister mess back together is on tap for the day.  You know where to find me.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Just in time for Christmas - more goodies - YAY!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!