- I took the day off from lap walking as I had agreed to follow the neighbor to drop off the car and bring Robert home. However, Glynda had an unexpected cancellation in the shop schedule. I was up and dressed anyway but depending on when they get the call, I may run him to pick it up.
- I received the articles I needed to complete the guild newsletter, finished that up, emailed it off and posted it on our website.
- I'm on the 2nd load of wash now.
- Got my hair cut. Glynda did a bit more layering so we'll see how that goes. It is fine if it takes some of the heaviness out especially around my face. I just know that curly/wavy headed might be the way to go as once my head gets sweaty, it turns into a version of it anyway, LOL.
- Walked Oscar twice with one or two more runs scheduled.
- Got groceries, concentrating on more fruits and veggies
- Got busy in the kitchen prepping veggies and made another pot of iced tea. Drink a lot of that when it is this warm and humid, decaf though
I am trying to get more fit. That's why the walking laps. Since the 14th of June walking 6 days out of 7 I walked just shy of 30 miles. Add in the dog trips in the lane average of 3 times a day--sometimes 4 or 5--add another 20 miles. WOW! No wonder my joints are wondering "what's up?" The weight has stabilized, I guess. I am not losing as much as staying in a holding pattern but hopefully that will move the needle the correct direction soon so I don't get discouraged.
I keep a raw veggie tray at the ready for the afternoon hunger fade. There are some cukes sliced in vinegar in the fridge too. I don't like broccoli raw so much so that gets a teeny taste of some Feta Dill dressing when I do eat it. I love those halo oranges--seedless, easily peeled. Kiwis and apples are good too. I got a mango at the store and think I need a lesson on cubing those or what to look for when you buy them as it was a mushy mess! They had advertised cantaloupes for a good price but there were none available today. I still want one though. They had berries but still a little high, I thought.
I also nuked a couple ears of sweet corn, snapped and steamed some green beans and made a bowl of guacamole. Avocados are good for you but those tortilla chips not so much, LOL. I like it on wraps though. I'll try to behave. Fish tacos would have been good! Too bad I didn't think of that sooner. There is a good recipe for those on Taste of Home Fish Tacos with Avocado Sauce though I left out the hot stuff. DJ even liked them.
The critters are staying to stay cool though Skyler has since moved to the front door. There is a good bit of cloud cover and we won't see much sun till it gets below the tree line. I think he is waiting for the neighborhood cat to come strolling by.
Oscar is up and down, in and out. I could do without doggie backside on my arm and leg but yes, I love you too.
The view as I came back up the hall. What sillies! Four eyes checking out my every move, LOL.
On the quilting front, or rather "thinking about quilting" front yesterday:
- I got a "wrap 'em" sized Treasure Amidst the Bric a Brac drawn up in EQ but eliminated a couple pieces I don't think need to be in the periphery of the quilt.
- I spent entirely too much time going through my notebooks looking for something I have either loaned out or misplaced. Donna Poster's Mega Pattern for Texas Trellis. I wanted to compare that pattern with how Marti Michell does it in her Hexagon book.
- I wanted to show Bev the Terry Atkinson clipping of a yo-yo quilt since she is making them.
- I found two cool star blocks that might go in my Farmer's Wife Inspired Sampler once resized or would make a good donation quilt idea. I'll show those down the line as one has more than one name, this one for the fabric. I think.
- There is a printout for a cool intertwining squares and rectangles called "Movement in Squares". That one is free if you want it.
- There is a screen shot I printed out of my Kindle copy of Camille Roskelley's Simply Retro for her "Framed" pattern which uses layer cakes. I have one that I got with Christmas money several years ago searching for the right pattern. Maybe this would work?
- I like one called "Sweet Life" too but that takes fat quarters.
- The Big EZ pattern from Bloom Creek.
- A section of Braid my mom sent me using a technique in Fons and Porter Scrap Quilt Magazine, fall 2011 that uses half hexies. Great! I've got one of those which is why I was looking for that Texas Trellis.
- Stitchery stuff that Maggie sent me recently, etc etc.
THX for stopping by------