Apr 1, 2011

It's official!

5th finish for this latest group of quilts. The binding blitz is complete till I get some tops pinned and quilted. (Daisy Chain designed by Terry Atkinson.) Back from the long arm quilter in late October 2010 so this one really didn't wait all THAT long.

One lone pinned quilt remains with about a 1/4 of it to go. I am still considering some hand quilting in the border on that one. If I DO go that route, it will be awhile before I bind it.





Here is a closeup of some of the fabrics and the fabulous quilting that Susan did for me. Skyler probably would have been giving it the kitty roll of approval but he was napping with DJ in the recliner. Besides that he had gotten quite a bit of rolling when he "helped" me put on the quilt sheets.

So what is next for me you might ask? Maybe you aren't asking but I find it helpful to make a list or at the very least, a mental note

  • Buttons and embroidery on the In Season "Spring" piece this afternoon
  • Hand applique on April Button Up
  • Piece 4 patch diagonal blocks
  • Cut out/then sew a very special friend's bday gift. Her day comes at month's end. I know what I am making but will need to get the ball rolling on it.
A good mix of hand work, machine sewing, cutting and prepping. Throw in some more embroidery and I would be a most happy camper. Quilting if it happens would have to be the mostly done Pioneer Sampler as the quilt group doesn't meet till the 12th and nothing else is pinned. OR hand quilt on another project that was not included in the counts. No way I am ever bored with my hobby!

Thanks for stopping by---------

5 comments:

  1. I like your Daisy Chain so much that I went to the Atkinson site. (thanks for including info on the pattern). I must say that yours is MUCH more appealing than the designers! I wouldn't have given the quilt with her fabric choices a second glance, but yours makes me want to make this quilt. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally awesome! great to have it finished and on the bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish! Nice to have this one done and be able to sleep under it. I think the fabrics are perfect for a spring quilt. Great timing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt! I'll wait awhile before making one so I won't seem like a stalker. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!