Got my toadie top done this afternoon, backing is readied and binding cut and seamed and waiting for pressing. I had hoped to do a bit more cutting but my thumbs are not being very cooperative for flexion and extension activities. Cutting my butterfly challenge will wait till after Monday errands.
The BQ pattern does not call for borders but I had resized the blocks to 12 inch to accomodate the amount of yardage I had been challenged by Finn to use in some manner. The resultant quilt would have been a bit small if I had not used a 3 inch finished border. I will bind it in the red print and use up some more of that "kit" red.
I don't know if it will be really obvious to the casual observer but I DID mess up a bit. The strips sets of muslin and red print were supposed to be cut in 3 1/2, 6 1/2 and 8 inches. Somewhere between the first trial block and cutting for the rest I got 8 1/2 inches on the brain. ACK!! I did not want to un-do and re-sew 11 blocks when I could just trim off the excess--rip out the one that was "right" instead. All it means is that some of those "Illinois Road shapes where they join are a little skinnier--no biggie.
I have some cut squares of transportation themed stuff that would be a good one to do this same way so I'll have to count up how many I've got and maybe follow the pattern this time---Beaves gives instructions for an 18 inch block as well as a half sized 9 inch one for wallhanging type size. Ah, I think I can figure out how to add a few more or less blocks.
Other than that---last night we went down to the neighbor's down the lane for the hot dog roast and chili. Bob made that chili plenty peppery so it warmed from the inside as well. It was in the 40's but damp feeling so that bonfire sure felt good. I couldn't eat with gloves on my hands so it was hard to work on the computer when we got home. Hard to believe that it will be in the 70's again by the end of the week but probably rain.
Guess that's it for tonight---