..............and here is how I spent National Quilting weekend.
After I got done prepping leaves, tulips and raindrops for the April Button Up I pulled out my previously stitched Spring base. I already had some of the fabrics pulled so that helped a bit.
I foundation pieced the angel's dress and the little flower pot on this piece and then turned the edges over freezer paper. The larger leaves and the dot on the "i" were turned over templar, Most of this is fused though. It will be machine button hole appliqued. There is a good bit of buttons and hand embroidered elements to be added---oh, and borders are needed too, LOL.
Tomorrow I hope to get back to the April base sewing elements and start basting down the aforementioned appliqued bits. Having a ball working on something just for ME.
Shown at right is sorta where I am headed---
Pattern Source: Joined at the Hip April Button Up.