Mar 2, 2011

WIP Weds, wk 10

Haven't sewn a lick yet but I AM getting ready to. I even vacuumed up my mess from the last few days........just to make another mess, LOL.

I may have cut up all my available yardage of this particular Moda Marble into nickel squares. Remarkably, I have just enough moda squares to do the project! Woohoo. 5 inch squares are find for piecing the 4 patch units but DUH! I also need 4 1/2 inch squares to complete the 8 inch finished blocks. My donation sized quilt needs 46-49 of them depending on how I treat the lower right corner. To my way of thinking the last block needs one 4 patch unit plus one square. The other block section could be cut as a rectangle to eliminate a seam, providing I have some yardage.


And this is where I am headed---the quilt at right. I may also be piecing some huge 4 patches for Puss in the Corner blocks while I am in the nickel grouping container. Those will have a muslin background so I think I can keep things straight.

Hope you have a fun day stitching at your house---------

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are productive--working on two projects at once! Are you on the hunt for more of the Moda Marbles to finish off the 4.5" squares? It would be a shame to have to stop at point because you are in need of a particular fabric given that you are on a roll! It must feel good to know you have cut your way through that donation bag and have planned projects for it all. It sure didn't take you long!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!