Dec 2, 2011
I am getting there! Yesterday was borders day. Today's goals are hanging sleeve, label and binding application---and that is doable. This whole deal with need washed to remove the blue marks but not till the hand part of the binding is done. I COULD sleep under this one tonight if I want.
I swapped out the fall wall hangings yesterday and put my Christmas log cabin quilt on the back of the couch. That led me to take a peek at one of my other Christmas tops----Patience Corner last seen HERE, last December about this time. I don't know what I was thinking but this thing is too small as is at 72 x 84. I am guessing I was considering a fairly deep double border but didn't have the yardage I needed for that. Since I like the looks of it as shown on the bed, I need to make 14 more blocks to bump the size up to 84 x 96. Norma has offered to quilt it for me AFTER the holidays are passed and then we both will have one to grace our respective beds NEXT Christmas. (THX, my friend) I did have some background yardage on hand yet, but it might be close. It will either make a substitute or go with a square quilt if I am short. I am thinking I will cut those bits out when I deal with the sleeve thing in a few minutes. It is possible that I overcut, (I often do) and I have some of the sashing stuck in my strip bins containers or scrap basket. Worth a look anyway.
And sew it goes----today's goals in place. Thoughts of what is to come and a mental list check list is in place.