Mar 7, 2007

some pics

Linda S. Four Patch quilt---I tried to do a free motion scallop thing in the borders---wish I had just gone ahead and marked it as I really stink at this free motion stuff. The stitch length was pretty good this time but I really am not fond of shoving something in there without a guide of some sort. I have all the horizontal lines done on the 2nd quilt I started yesterday and a quarter of the verticals--probably will take another hour's work to have the quilting done and the binding put on.

Pippi was waiting for us in the kitchen when we returned from our walk and looking so darned cute draped on the chair. When I tried to take the picture though, she was having none of it!
Venture anywhere near the laundry room and this is what you see---her food and Petromalt are out there and her food bowl is on that placemat on the right. She doesn't do that to DJ, just me. She is not always laying around thought she has that action (inaction?) down.


The daffodils--the orange centered ones are my favs--like fried eggs


View of Fink's Lake from our backyard. Once the underbrush comes back up, you will not be able to see much of it. Cedar tree (I think that is what it is) was one DJ replanted from our front flower bed which is no more. If it was going to get this huge, then why would put it a bed so would dwarf any other plantings??

The camellia---loaded with blooms and so far not much frost damage--cross your fingers

Time to get set up for quilting-----

9 comments:

  1. How could you resist that sweet face - I'd have to feed her every time *s*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors of that great looking 4-patch.

    I'm with Libby - that face is impossible to say "no" to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I miss the camellias! They grow out here, but the gardeners sculpt the bushes to almost nothing so they don't bloom much. I have Mom's "camellia bowl." She used to float them in the bowl. Fond memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Camelia's make me think of my grandmothers house. She had a big bush next to the front door and we always took some home with the stems wrapped with a wet papertowel inside tenfoil.

    A tip I sometimes use when I need something to be even and yet done with free motion is to use a pattern made from freezer paper and just iron it to the border and go around the edge, then pull it off and iron it on the next section. I did this to make a baptist fan design on my 4th of July border and it worked perfectly!

    Ah sweet pippi begging! Not a face to resist, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the quilt by Linda S! It is bright and cheerful for what looks like will be an overcast and dreary, rainy day here.

    Pippi is controlling you like Joey is controlling me! I wouldn't have it any other way and I know you feel the same.

    It looks as though spring has sprung in your neck of the woods. I am hopeful that we will soon see spring here--I am tired of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great photos Linda! love the bright quilt of course...and all those blooming plants..very much spring arriving at your place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi LJ, what a bright and happy quilt that one is..*VBS* And dear Pippi, ever hopeful...LOL She lives for the Petramalt I think.
    I'm so envious of your blooming flowers..I'll have to snap and post a picture of what 'up' here in WI. Hugs, Finn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great quilt to alternate with all your HSTs. I like making variation in the free motion quilting so I don't have to mark it. That way I can say I did it on purpose, however it turns out. I would use the squares as a guide - either from side to side or from side to middle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute quilt. That's one happy looking kitty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!