Getting some production done this weekend. I ran out of sashing fabric for the last vertical row of the t-shirt quilt so am waiting for my order to come in early next week. Yesterday I added one long side border the half that is done, joined rows 4 and 5 and squeezed on one more sashing strip from the border cut away fabric.
What to do, what to do? Since yesterday afternoon I have prepped the backings for three quilts and added the borders to the bricks quilt. With the larger quilts we are shooting for that means two length of backing and splitting it to get the proper width. I went through the muslin bolt we had at the church and polished off most of my own bolt as well--good thing that Hobby Lobby just opened!!
This is not the best picture in the world shooting across the room and passed the desk but there it is. The one piece of plaid on the right edge looks nothing like this check that I am seeing on the photograph. The top finished right at the target range of 50 x 70 and I believe it will be a good one for the boys since it looks like a bunch of flannel shirts and men's oxford cloth shirts. Some pieces remind me of an old favorite pair of my flannel pj's, LOL.
Just finished cutting out the binding for this top and one other top so that's where I am headed next. Then I think I will get started on the nine patch top I had hoped to assemble at the sew in. Norma will probably tell me that I am wearing her out again but I happen to know that she had been busy quilting all week, LOL and fitting that in around a full time work schedule.
Nothing much else to say--just wrapping up the loose ends of things from last week that I had hoped to get done. Not much help on my goals list but things that needed to be done so we can pin at the next meeting.
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend in whatever you chose to do.........