Nov 8, 2010

2010 Fall FAB challenge reveal

Last night the FABs gathered in IM chat for the FAB challenge reveal . Pat was our group leader this round and she said make something that said "fall" to you. Unlike previous rounds, we did not have to use a specified fabric so the field was pretty wide open. Could be Halloween, Thanksgiving, or just plain fall.

Pam had my name this round and look at all the goodies she made me! A gorgeous apron---see the apple pies and china in the fabric and cute rick rack? And I need one---my red chef's apron has seen better days. She said the pattern was in Eleanor Burns' Egg Money book.

But that was not all! Gorgeous table topper/candle mat with some wonderful decorative stitching to quilt it. And see that wonderful tote with not one, but two wonder wallets! How she crammed all this into a 9 x 12 mailer I will never know. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Pam. This hastily shot picture does not do it justice---but I had to take one quickly to show the pals on IM what I had just opened.

I had Pat's name this round--see link above. Since I had recently made her a Halloween wall hanging for her birthday, I went with more of a fall crafty item this time. I made two of these, and this one happens to be the one I kept though I could have "stolen" her graphic. She got the best one of the two.

Pattern source: Fabricraft designed by Judith A. Haroutunian "Scarecrow and Friends" LOL, I hope I got that right as I can't lay my hands on the pattern at the moment. I've been busy and paper stuff is piled up awaiting my attention---in that mess, somewhere. I had fun finding the bits and pieces in my stash and at Hobby Lobby and Walmart to make her giftie. I had to drink two bottles of Lipton Green Tea to get the bottle to "dress"/recycle. It was not that I particularly like that stuff (rather tasteless, IMHO) but it had the bottle I wanted. See how I sacrifice for my craft, LOL??

I am making progress on the calendar quilt-lets. Finally I have one done for the month we are in---November's turkey is up for display. December is done as well. That just leaves August, September and October to bind, button and quilt in the running stitch with perle cotton, the hand stuff in other words. Quilt group meets tomorrow so I am sure that I will still be working on one or more of these by then but nearing completion for the year! Woohoo. I probably will not re-post them since I showed them in my previous one with the borders all applied---not too much has changed.

Errands await and I still want to throw something on the grill for our lunch so best get cracking! Thanks for stopping by----------

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for my wonderful scarecrow and friends! They are awesome! I'll think of you every time I look at them!

    Your goodies from Pam are very cool, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. If you comment will require a reply back, please include your email addy. Unless I am involved in a blog hop, my posts will be moderated and your comment will not appear until I am notified. THX for understanding--this option beats word verification!